Frequently Asked Legal Questions
Answered by Our Oak Brook Attorneys
- When a Loved One Passes Away in Illinois
- Will my loved one’s estate go to probate?
- Are You an Heir or Beneficiary of a decedent’s estate or trust?
- What Happens at the Reading of the Will?
- What Happens if a Person Dies Without a Will in Illinois?
- Illinois Probate Procedure, the Personal Representative, and Distribution of Assets
- Illinois Small Estate Affidavits
Making Arrangements and Finding Assets
- Making Arrangements, Sending Notices and Finding Documents
- Checklist of Assets Your Deceased Loved One May Own
- Handling Financial Affairs after the Death of a Loved One
- Contact our Oak Brook Probate & Estates Attorneys for a Consultation
- What to Bring to your First Meeting with Our Estate Attorneys
We Offer a FREE Estate Planning Consultation
Free Estate Planning Consultation with our Oak Brook Estate Planning Attorneys
What are the Benefits of a Living Trust?
Estate Planning Isn’t Just for Rich People
How long does it take to set up an Estate Plan?
Do You Need an Estate Plan?
Relationship Breakups & Getting Legal Documents in Order
What to Bring to Your Initial Consultation with our Oak Brook Estate Planning Attorneys
Do You Need to Update Your Estate Plan?
Selecting a Guardian in a Will is Important
Deciding if Your Kid is Trust-Worthy
’Living trust’ Transfers Property Without Probate
Transferring Assets into Your Living Trust - our Oak Brook Estate Planning Attorneys Can Help
- An Illinois Last Will and Avoiding Probate
- What is Probate and How Can I Avoid it?
- Living Trust Transfers Property Without Probate
- Do-it-yourself Estate Planning Kits are Not Advisable
- Estate Planning Requires Legal Help
- What You Need to Know About Preparing a Will
- A Fill-in-the-blanks Will is Inadvisable
- Give Trusted Person ’Power of Attorney’ Privileges
- Living Wills and Power of Attorney to Prepare for the Unexpected
- Advance Directives for Mental Health Treatment
- Considerations when starting a business
- Our Oak Brook Business Law Attorneys can help you Determine the right type of organization for your business
- What Happens at Closing?
- So You Think You Don’t Need An Attorney . . .
- Our Oak Brook Attorneys Can Draft Your Contract
- General Time Line for a Home Sale/Purchase
- Who Are All the People Involved in a Real Estate Deal?
- Selling Your Home? You Need an Attorney
- Why You Need a Lawyer for a Residential Real Estate Deal in Illinois
- Legal Services for Residential Real Estate
- Legal Concerns for Unmarried Partners/Couples Buying a Home Together
- Why You Need a Lawyer for a Residential Real Estate Purchase
- Common Myths in Buying/Selling a Home
Mortgages and Related
- Shopping for a Mortgage?
- 5 Tips for Shopping for a Mortgage
- The Mortgage Process
- Who Does Your Mortgage Broker Represent?
- Federal Reserve Consumer Help on Home Mortgages
- Should You Apply for a Jumbo Loan?
- Understand FICO Scores aka Credit Scores
- Is your loan originator properly registered with the State of Illinois?
- The Downside to F.H.A. Loans
- Can You Afford to Buy Your First Home?
Contact our Oak Brook Attorneys for legal representation today.
If you have questions about the application of the law in a particular case, consult your lawyer. The law is constantly changing. Information on this site or any site to which we link does not constitute legal advice.
All photos on this page taken by Colleen L. Sahlas