Do You Need to Update Your Estate Plan?
Contact the Illinois estate planning lawyers at The Law Offices of Hoy & Sahlas, Ltd. to schedule your Free Estate Plan Checkup Appointment.
Please take a moment to review this checklist. Many of these issues can affect you and your family’s estate plan, so don’t miss this chance to ensure your protection is up-to-date.
Since my Estate Plan was established, I have:
- Changed my marital status;
- Experienced a birth/death in my family;
- Entered into a new business;
- Acquired significant new assets;
- Purchased real estate;
- Acquired additional life insurance;
- Decided I want to change how or to whom to distribute my finances and property at my death;
- Decided I want to change the guardian for my children in the event that I and my spouse pass away.
I am interested in learning more information about:
- Estate Preservation;
- Last Wills and Testaments:
- Naming a Legal Guardian for my minor children in the event of my death;
- Land Trusts;
- Revocable, Living Trusts;
- Charitable Trusts;
- Leaving Funds to Charity;
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts;
- Transferring assets into my current Trust;
- Ways to be protected financially and medically if hurt or disabled;
- Powers of Attorney for Property (finances) or Healthcare;
- Living Wills;
- Ways to inform your doctor that you do not wish to be artificially kept alive;
- Probate and what determines whether my estate must go through probate;
- Probate Alternatives;
- Legal Guardianship of a Minor;
- Legal Guardianship of a Disabled Adult;
- Helping my parents get protected with an estate plan or medical directives.
If you have questions about the application of the law in a particular case, consult your lawyer. The law is constantly changing. Information on this site or any site to which we link does not constitute legal advice.