Asset Transfer Information for Your Living Trust
FOR OUR ESTATE PLANNING CLIENTS WHO HAVE ESTABLISHED A LIVING TRUST:
Once you’ve established a Living Trust, you need to re-register your assets into the name of your Trust to “fund” the trust. We will gladly assist you during this process, but we will need you to provide us with your asset information. Asset transfers are a CRUCIAL STEP IN ESTABLISHING YOUR TRUST. Signing and establishing a Living Trust is only the first of several steps in estate planning. You will reap the most benefits from your trust when your assets are transferred into, or re-registered in the name of, the trust.
IN ORDER TO ASSIST YOU IN TRANSFERRING YOUR ASSETS TO YOUR LIVING TRUST(S), PLEASE SEND US THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ASSETS:
- Life insurance policy information: Names of insurance companies, address, and policy number(s). Or, you may simply send us copies of your recent statements.
- Real Estate Property information: Please send us copies of Deed(s) or Title Insurance Policy(s) of your real estate property(s).
- Stocks, bonds, mutual funds information:Name of company(s), address, and account/certificate number(s). Or, you may simply send us copies of recent statements.
- 401(k), IRAs, and other tax deferred account information: Name of company(s), address, and account number(s). Or, you may simply send us copies of recent statements.
- Information on your Business interests, such as closely held corporations, general partnerships, limited partnerships, sole proprietorships, etc.
- Handwrite a List of your items of Valuable personal property, such as artwork, antiques, automobiles, collections, jewelry, etc. It is advisable to have these items appraised (please provide us with a copy).
- Any other valuable assets you own.
If you have questions about the application of the law in a particular case, consult your lawyer. The law is constantly changing. Information on this site or any site to which we link does not constitute legal advice.